Saturday, October 18, 2008

Kelsey's bag

This bag now belongs to Kelsey, designer-sketcher-thrift-store-shopper extraordinaire. I only got the real version of the story behind this fabric this morning, as Kelsey had been wanting a bag made from some fabric she had made pillows out of and was going to give me the extras to make into a bag. But she apparently forgot the fabric when she was going to Jaimee's house (the fabric liaison) and swung by a thrift store and found THIS fabric. Lovely. I really liked the fabric and was delighted to make sweet Kelsey a bag. She loves Jill Zurzolo's stuff with her funky big buttons, so I decided to do the big button thing on her bag and think it turned out quite nicely! The flap. And the very thin orange fabric that I tried to find a use for.

The inside...and a little more of the orange.
It's reversible! If she wants to, she can add some big buttons to this side too and have the flap do up on either side.


Kelsey!!! The fine photographer and owner of the latest Corinna bag.

5 comments:

Kelsey Loewen said...

yay! I have received a bunch of compliments from people on it already, and I am quick to tell them who made it! The buttons and the very useful cellphone pocket are wonderful; I haven't misplaced my cell phone yet. How's that for a testimonial?

Stephen said...

Cool bag! I esp. like the 2nd last picture. Great way to frame a bag.

Corinna said...

Thanks Kelsey, glad you like it! The cell phone pocket is very useful, I agree. I like having it readily available as usually I'm digging around for it, lost in a jumble of things. Thanks for telling people about it too!
And Stephen, I can take no credit for the fine photographing, that's all Kelsey. She did a great job, I agree! Glad you like the bag too:).

Josh and Jocelyn R. Plett said...

Hi Corinna, i am a secret reader of your blogs and thought i should come out of the closet and reveal that i enjoy reading about your little family and your sewing passion :-) Your bags look amazing! we're hoping to come home to Manitoba next year (from madagascar) with babe-in-utero (sorry if that's too much information :-) and i've been dreaming of one of your bags, do you give missionary discounts :-) Just kidding.

It's amazing to me to read of many different women with many different gifts which they are using to bless others. Keep it up!

Best wishes to your family.
Jocelyn Reimer Plett
(xanga.com/jocsh)

Rose said...

Love the new look of your blog and your bags are beautiful! I will get myself together one day and have one made, s'il vous plait. I admire your entrepeneurial spirit and ambition. You go girls!