Saturday, July 26, 2008

Another baby, another bag

Our lovely friends, Sheri-Lee and Steve, just had a baby boy the other day and I felt that was bag deserving. Plus, she flattered me by requesting one so how could I refuse?!? So Thursday night Julio was out and I had a date with my sewing machine. This is what we did.

This is the little diaper pouch to go inside. I think I finally mastered the size and look I want for these!I know I said I would be taking a break, but nothing inspires sewing in me quite like the birth of a baby, and the Juno soundtrack in the background in an otherwise quiet house doesn't hurt either. When I went to the fabric store to pick out the material for this bag, I hemmed and hawed for so long as I was really trying to picture what would best suit my friend's taste. I had picked out some green and brown and other earthy stripes, but as I came to the cutting table I saw this fabric and just fell in love. The cutter was also admiring this fabric and a few minutes after I told her it was to make a bag, she told me she was tempted to make one to! I was so happy to give it to Sheri-Lee today and also give her new little baby a kiss! He is one cutie pie!

I also managed to make a little something out of the leftover material from the IKEA stuff my Swiss friend sent me. It's a little library book bag for Luke, as I always fear losing our library books amongst our own books. So this was another fun little project.The little pocket is for a library card that I hope to get Luke sometime soon.

3 comments:

Robyn said...

Love the fabric for the diaper bag! Also, the book bag is great. Claire has had her own library card for a while. It is quite a thrill for her to present it to the lady at the library. I get in trouble if I do it for her. But then, I get in trouble a lot. Anyway, get one for Luke! He'll love it!

Jenn said...

Hey Corinna,
I hadn't checked out your blog for a while and saw your sewing blog for the first time. I didn't know you were so into sewing! I haven't made any projects in a while but my last ones were bags! I made a book bag for my niece a couple of years ago which she still uses! I was just thinking I need to make a couple of gym bags for the girls for school. Aren't bags so much fun!

Stephen said...

Btw, thanks for the lovely bag - it's really great/looks swell. (Not to sure how I feel being described as lovely myself, but, I'm assuming most of that is directed in S-L's direction. Also, glad the feat was deserving.)

I'll end this off by saying you're a great bag lady.