Wednesday, October 22, 2008

An order and an experiment

Another order! Someone heard about my bags and placed an order for TWO! Christmas presents...how thrilled am I. She is lovely and we had a very pleasant chat as we discussed what kind of bags she wanted. One of them is pretty much exactly Kristin's so I'm not going to post it. Here's the other one...a smaller version in a lovely, satiny reddish orange. I'm not typically drawn to orange and red, but I really like this fabric and how this turned out. So did Julio, my biggest critic (and my biggest fan) so that says something.(I know, I need a new model and a new photographer. Working on it!)And it's reversible! Solid brown on the other side, nice and neutral.The inside has one large pocket and one smaller velcro pocket inside the large pocket.
And here's my experiment. I had leftover fabric from Kristin's and was inspired by Scattered Seeds this weekend to make some smaller handbags/purses. So here we are.

Like my model?!?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Luke: "Oh dang, I think I just broke a nail."

:P
Sheri-Lee

Anonymous said...

Oh...and I love the orange bag. I have an attraction to orange. Yep. Lovin' it. Also I like the small bags you're dabbling in. Very nice. Go etsy.

Sheri-Lee

kristin said...

Love the orange. That is my second favorite color, after green that is. The new smaller hand bag is adorable. I love the button. And it looks great on Luke too!

Heather said...

i'm in agreement with Sheri-Lee and Kristin - like the color and like the newer style of small handbag, too!

Jennie C. said...

Thanks SEW much for the link. I love Kelsey's bag. Wooden buttons ... yum.

Corinna said...

Thanks for the comments all! You keep me going with your lovely encouragement :)

Robyn said...

The post was good. And then Luke came on the scene and then the post was fantanastic. I don't get how a bag can be reversible and still have all those pockets on the inside.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE orange and red. You haven't been to my house, have you? I've got that going on in my living/dining/kitchen. Do you happen to have any extra fabric left? I could always use another purse, I seem addicted to having variety these days.